Our members may enroll in the MBIA GRIP Program—nationally recognized as Montana’s #1 Worker’s Compensation Program.
Through the efforts of the Montana Building Industry Association (MBIA) and the Montana State Fund, a select insurance group of MBIA members has been created. The GRIP program is available to all MBIA members and has saved participating members more than $4 million over the past nine years!
GRIP members are eligible for a refund if the group’s workers compensation premiums exceed the group’s expense and claim costs. If the group qualifies for a refund, each individual refund is based on individual performance and paid on a prorated, percentage basis. A poor group performance cannot affect your individual premium and you will never be required to pay more than your basic premium.
GRIP is a powerful group incentive program and a very effective performance driven system. It allows you to take charge of your insurance costs by reducing lost-time accidents and providing a workplace that is both safer and in compliance with OSHA. The GRIP program is nearly 500 members strong and includes: contractors, lumberyards, banks, furniture stores, insurance companies and mortgage brokers just to name a few.
• Free Safety Training and Certifications
• Have GRIP safety personnel certify your employees for forklift, PAT, scaffolding and First Aid/CPR. Once a month, a GRIP safety specialist conducts free 1-hour OSHA compliant safety meetings on a variety of useful topics. Training is hands-on, very informative and is conducted in eight local association cities.
• Free On-site Consultation Training
• GRIP safety consultants will come to you for any site-specific training needs and can inspect your work site for hazards and/or any potential OSHA violations.
• Free Written Safety and Health Programs
• GRIP offers written safety and health programs that can be tailored to fit your company.